Friday 22 June 2012

Things 8 and 9: Google Calendar and Evernote

My Choice!


I'm going to write a couple of sentences here, then get on with the day-job!  I must confess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  I do use Evernote - I love it.  So that leaves Google Calendar.  I have it on my android, and it's quite useful.  However,  
  • I have my work calendar, which is web-accessible.  And I have the departmental calendar alongside it, ditto.  I use it at work.  I can consult it when I'm elsewhere so long as I have web access.
  • I have my Palm calendar, which goes everywhere with me.  It's not web-accessible.  I can no longer back it up - it's incompatible with the new laptop. But it doesn't really matter.
  • I have the family wall-planner.  There are columns for all five of us.
  • I have the family Excel spreadsheet.
  • And I have the Google calendar on my phone.
  • I really don't want to synchronise my work calendar and my home life!  If I'm at home, please can I get on with being at home?  And if I'm at work, do I have to see my whole family's dental appointments, school trips and other comings and goings? No.  Not my way!
  • In short, I don't want to have any more calendars to worry about, even if I can link them.
Here I shall depart, before I give the impression I'm a grumpy, frumpy old retrograde.

No comments:

Post a Comment